Newbie with a Suburban.....an intro.

Hello all. I just bought an '89 Chev Suburban.....trying to prep it for a safety, and for an emissions test. I thought I'd check things out at this newsgroup. The truck is a 1500 4X4, quite a few miles (290,000 km). It's a
little rough; but quite straight and not much rust. I don't plan to make it overly pretty; but to concentrate on making it very functional. It's not my first Suburban, I sold one about 10 years ago (it had over 500,000 km on it then, and it's still going!) Anyway, hi to everyone. I'll probably post some dumb questions. Oh, the "stude-ious" name: I have a Studebaker project, and I'm also registered on the talkaboutautos Studebaker newsgroup, and the handle has followed me over to this group.
RE/

Thanks for validating my current aim of trying to wring 250,000 miles out of my '98. (currently 110k...)
--
PeteCresswell

Welcome aboard bud!
Doc

Welcome.. I've got an '88 Suburban 2500 4x4, great trucks. Mine is in excellent shape, yet hideously ugly due to the horrible light tan paint that the factory used. Just watch out for rust starting in the lower edges of the barn doors! (if you have them instead of the tailgate)
Dan
--
The reason that every major university maintains a department of
mathematics is that it's cheaper than institutionalizing all those people.

Don't forget drum brake wars, one of my personal fav's. ;-)
Brian

you want 'war', google 'torque wrench click beam' on alt.autos.dodge.trucks
It started out as a question of what was the better wrench, the old-style 'beam and pointer' or the click-when-torque-is-reached type
It got outa hand pretty quick

or same group.....'K&N'................
jeez, Louise.............