Newer Suburbans: Remove Air Dam?

I'm shopping, but it seems like the newer Suburbans have an air dam hanging down in front that I estimate would soon be damaged by my intended use.
Can that thing be easily removed without unduly compromising the
vehicle?
--
PeteCresswell

My '94 K1500 Z71 Suburban had a front air dam as well. It lasted about 6 months. The 2000-2006 Z71's were higher in height overall. The new ones aren't that high, even in Z71. You can remove it or wait for it get removed off road.