No brake Lights?

I have a 1998 Chevy K1500. The brake lights don't work, the two back tail lights and the light on the cab roof. I replaced the bulbs and that didn't do it. Check fuses and they are O.K. The brake lights are the only thing
that I noticed that doesn't work. Everything else seems fine.Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? Thanks for the help.
have you checked the brake light switch on the brake pedal?
-Bret

I think I found the switch. How do I get the switch off? I see a black split ring looking thing is that what I need to take of?. If so how does that come off? I tried to take it off but couldn't get it. Thanks for the help.

tail
didn't
if the switch hasn't changed ( I have an '88) just pull straight down and unplug the harness. it will take a good amount of force to remove it.
-Bret

thing
anyone

Very common. Go to Chevy dealer and ask for a brake lite switch that connects to your brake pedal. I've changed mine 3 times already. Jim ps. about $15 bucks