No brake lights, '90 Chevy 1ton 4X4

The bulbs are ok. I have turn signals. I checked the fuse that says "brake" and it is ok. I need to disconnect the switch and see if shorting
the connector makes the brake lights come on. It's really difficult for me to get in there and see how to disconnect the switch and also how to remove it. Can anyone give me a clue? Do I push or pull on a retaining clip that holds the connector on? Or shall I just break it off?
Thanks for your help!
Dan ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road -----------------
The bell fuse, it's the squire box looking fuse in a box under the hood.