No Break Lights on 1994 Chevy Z 71?

I have no break lights on my 1994 Chevy Z71 4x4. I have checked the bulbs, the fuses and they are fine, I changed the Circuit boards on both the left and right tail lights and still nothing. I have changed the switch that is
connected to the Break Peddel and still nothing. It does seem to be in the switch though. The lights will work when you manually push on the switch with a screw driver or such, The plastic switch housing seems to have some play in it, it clips on to the break rod that goes through the fire wall and a metal clip holds it to the break peddle. If I hold the plastic break switch and push on the break peddle, it will work fine and the lights come on... but there seems to be just enough slack that the Plastic Switch housing moves if I am not holding it in place - both the New One and Old one do the same thing. Does anyone know if there is something that holds the Break switch in place better that may have gotten knocked off or something? Please give me all suggestions?
Thanks in advance for ANY Help.
--
JWalkerZ_71

Do you have dash lights? They are on the same circut.
Al

Al, you are wrong. Dash lights are on with park or headlights, not brake lights. On his truck, brake lights and turn signals use the same bulb in the rear. The switch does seem to be the problem. My guess is that there should be something like a bushing to hold the switch tight after its in place. Stop in at the dealer parts department and ask the guy to show you the picture of how the part is installed.
Al wrote:

I am sorry your right I missread that.
Al