no fuel in cylinders

Hi,

I am rebuilding my 250 l6 ('77; integrated head) engine from my chevy truck. It is my first rebuild. It has been more than two years since it was running. everything has been done as explained in the manual, but it won't start. facts: spark plugs are firing we pour fuel in from the top of the carb carb overhauled (rochester varajet II) all vacuum hoses are disconnected no smell of fuel at spark plugs after intensive trying

One other thing: What is the purpose of the threaded hole in the head between the 3rd and fourth (counting from the front) spark plug. It seems to have direct connection to a combustion chamber.

tnx for replying!

Reply to
John Brent via CarKB.com

john smith