No Low Beams 98 Chevy Suburban

Recently the low beams quit working. The high beams will function properly and the Day-Time-Running-Lamps (DTRL's) work, but when lights are swithed to turn-on the headlamps the low beams do not turn-on. Does anyone know the possible cause of this problem. Thanks

Reply to
cmsearls1

I'm no rocket scientist, but my guess is your low beams are burnt out.

Try replacing them.

Reply to
Advocate

The dimmer switch is bad. I think its at the bottom of the steering column on yours. Simple replacement. . .

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: :: Recently the low beams quit working. The high beams will function :: properly and the Day-Time-Running-Lamps (DTRL's) work, but when :: lights are swithed to turn-on the headlamps the low beams do not :: turn-on. Does anyone know the possible cause of this problem. Thanks

Reply to
George

Generally when the low beams stop working it's because you have been driving with one for some time...and finally that one burns out as well.

Reply to
Advocate

Reply to
cmsearls1

Reply to
cmsearls1

I'm not real sure. My last experience was a c3500 from 1981. When you pull the multi function switch, it pull a rod inside the column. It hooks to the dimmer at the bottom of the column about where the brake pedal is. One plug in and 2 screws. You should be able to see it pretty easy. I might be wrong, though. It sure wouldn't be the first time.

Reply to
George