No Low Beams 98 Chevy Suburban

Recently the low beams quit working. The high beams will function properly and the Day-Time-Running-Lamps (DTRL's) work, but when lights are swithed to turn-on the headlamps the low beams do not turn-on.
Does anyone know the possible cause of this problem. Thanks

I'm no rocket scientist, but my guess is your low beams are burnt out.
Try replacing them.
The dimmer switch is bad. I think its at the bottom of the steering column on yours. Simple replacement. . .
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: :: Recently the low beams quit working. The high beams will function :: properly and the Day-Time-Running-Lamps (DTRL's) work, but when :: lights are swithed to turn-on the headlamps the low beams do not :: turn-on. Does anyone know the possible cause of this problem. Thanks

Generally when the low beams stop working it's because you have been driving with one for some time...and finally that one burns out as well.
Hey George....My dimmer switch I thought is the "combo" switch on the steering column, is there another switch at the bottom I don't know about? Thx
Advocate wrote:

I'm not real sure. My last experience was a c3500 from 1981. When you pull the multi function switch, it pull a rod inside the column. It hooks to the dimmer at the bottom of the column about where the brake pedal is. One plug in and 2 screws. You should be able to see it pretty easy. I might be wrong, though. It sure wouldn't be the first time.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: :: Hey George....My dimmer switch I thought is the "combo" switch on the :: steering column, is there another switch at the bottom I don't know :: about? Thx :: :: Advocate wrote:
::: :::: The dimmer switch is bad. I think its at the bottom of the :::: steering column :::: on yours. Simple replacement. . . :::: ::: Generally when the low beams stop working it's because you have ::: been driving with one for some time...and finally that one burns ::: out as well.
bulbs are new....plus the DRL's require working the low beams to work, so it would be very odd for the bulbs to be the culprit in the problem I am having