No more Chevy's

Selling all the Bowties and buying a Jeep Wrangler with I-6 and 5-speed Catch y'all later and good luck motoring.

--
Mad Dog

hey have fun the jeeps are great until you need to haul something. I have 2 jeeps so I know they are good. Well at least my 47 and 49 willys are.

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 16:35:56 -0600, "sidewinder"

oooohhh baby, cj2a...god how i love those babies!!! my very first 4 wheeler, original flat head 4 banger, t-90 bomb proof tranny...brings back memories...people used to laugh and fly past me on the highway, but i crawled past them on the byway....
gotto love those REAL classic jeeps. Nothing could stop them, Never fast, but ever faithfull.
wrote:

have 2

Ya, i've been looking around for a jeep..any suggestions on what I should get...mainly for off-roading I guess....when im not hauling stuff with my Bow-Tie.
A BIG wallet. Mine was a money pit!

Mad Dog wrote:

You will be back. I owned a Chrysler product once. Jeeps today are not what they used to be, they were infected when Chrysler bought them out. After owning a Chrysler for a while I realized just how good I had it with my old S-10 so I dumped the Chrysler lemon on the first dealer that would actually take it. When we bought my wife's Impala the dealer told us they would give us $1000 for it and after finishing the deal handed me they keys back, luckily when I bought my s10 a few months later they kept the Chrysler that time.

I could go on and on about how disatisfied we are with our 95 Wrangler. -- Regards Gordie

with
they
keys
wanna hear an interesting way they (Dodge/Chrysler) handle transmission wear? the pcm reduces engine power to increase the tran's life. if it senses wear from the tcm the pcm will do just that. funny how you get a lack of power complaint that is caused by a failing trans.
Where did you dig THAT up?! It's BS. Larry

5-speed
not
would
Hmmm the wife drives a chrysler with out a problem. My family has had chryslers since the 30's and have only had one lemon. It was a lebaron. The two jeeps I have are old enough to where I don't have to worry about computers or crap like that.

out.
they

That's funny..........
Brian

Personally I don't know much about Jeeps, and to each his own. But I don't here a lot about motors in Chrysler products hitting 250,000 miles and up with just routine maintenance. Fords and Chevy's fill do that if taken care of. I had a 1986 Ford F150 with the 300 six and drove it until the body fell off. It had over 300,000 miles when I got rid of it.
Brian

180,000 kms is the magic number for certain Chrysler trannies (minivans mostly, if not entirely). Our Plymouth wheelchair-modded minivan (with one of those trannies) is sitting at 176k, which honestly scares the hell out of me...
Then there's lil Jimmy who ran about a litre low on ATF (long story) at one point and is still running strong today (with the proper amount of fluid, obviously. ;o) )
It is personal preference. I love the two jeeps I own. But I also have them in all origional condition and if I ever do take them on the road it is never a highway. 45mph is kinda slow when you don't have any more throttle left. My biggest question is. If ya don't like jeeps then WHY DID YOU BUY IT????

don't
up
of
one
On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 22:14:53 -0600, "sidewinder"

It was our first and will definately be the last. -- Regards Gordie