NO ONE KNOWS WHATS WRONG WITH MY BLAZER

Hopefully someone can help me. I have a 1998 s-10 Chevy Blazer. Over the past two months it has been acting up for me very sparatically. Sometimes it stalls, sometimes as I am accelerating it stops
accelerating and backfires as I push on the gas, and sometimes it just deaccelerates on its own. I have had it in the shop for a total of 4 weeks. Problem is they cant get it to act up often enough to test it. The one code they pulled was that it was too lean... which led them to believe it has to do with fuel control. They started to only see it act up when the fuel level was very low. Well I have kept the tank above a half tank for the past week and it still acts up at high fuel levels. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do or what the problem could be? The auto shop mentioned baffles in the fuel tank and fuel pump- but again they thought the problem occured just with low fuel levels and that is not the case.
Thanks
Make sure the inner part of the fuel filter hasn't come loose and can block fuel flow at times, ran into this a month ago, take it off and shake it any ratlles, replace it.

-

Sounds to me more like you use the shotgun approach and just replace everything you figure it could be. You don't have the first clue what you're talking about

Is that you Bob? Haven't seen you around for ages! Then again I've been rather scarce myself........................
Doc

Hey Doc! LOL.... yup it's me all right. What have you been up to? Any new projects? Bob

I've been pretty scarce around here for the past year or so; got back into nitro r/c this past spring and have been spending more time wrenching and racing my "little trucks" than the big ones. It's starting to get cold outside, so looks like I'll be searching for a few winter projects to keep me busy. I'm thinking about building a SPAD (simple plastic aircraft design) or two or four over the winter to get me ready for spring. Pretty nifty things, built using corrugated plastic (like beer and pop signs that are hung in convenience store windows) and yard sticks for the wings, and either aluminum downspout or c-channel aluminum for the fuselage. Should be fun, and should keep my other winter hobby (drinking Jim Beam) in check!
Doc

I haven't heard of that before, but it sounds like fun. I've got a Super Sportster 60 in the basement that hasn't been flown in 4 or 5 years. I'm going to have to find time to fly it again, always something going on though. If you get one of those SPADs flying I'd like to see a picture. Bob

Will do! Should have a few built by the end of winter. Whether they'll fly or not is another question.....................
Doc

While a new fuel filter isn't a bad idea, dropping the tank to replace a $700 fuel pump because it "might" be bad... blowing out fuel lines because... I don't know..... they're contaminated with fuel? We have no reason to believe anything else. And the thought that a loose fuel tank baffle could cause the problem is absurd given the information we have. Intermittent problems can be a bitch, no question about it. But throwing parts at it seldom solve the problem.

Yo Bob....
I think for the right money, you can hire this guy to manage your shop.

Hey Neil
What could it hurt?

Oh, I dunno...
Are you fond of eating?

I thought I heard you were looking for a new manager. Wouldn't it be nice to get a little more time off? Heck, you could probably retire off all that extra money made on parts runs! Bob

Woo-Hoo... better than the $9.95 oil change!