No right turns for me and my Tahoe

The rear right turn signal on my 1997 Tahoe seems to have quit working, darn it: the front lamp works. I replaced the rear lamp and it still does not work. Would Chevy use a different fuse for the front than the rear?

Reply to
Desertphile

No.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

The plug is very susceptible to getting just enough wear that it does not make contact, even with a new bulb. I've had to "adjust" the inside of the socket contacts enough that the bulb makes contact again several times on mine.

sticks

Reply to
sticks

Thank you: I'll put a volt meter on the plug's contacts and make sure there's current, and if I see current I'll pry the contacts out a little. The light stopped working during a snow storm at Flagstaff--- when I needed it the most, darn it.

Reply to
Desertphile

Try your trailer hitch plug. The wiring is common to there.

Reply to
bilz2765

I've had the same thing happen on my 99 Tahoe. I cleaned the contacts, adjusted the contact prongs and replaced all the bulbs. Still only worked intermittently. Finally went to the junkyard and got another used one for $20 and now good as new. Was told that sometimes the unit just goes bad.

-Tony

Reply to
tonycougar

Ther solution to the problem was humorous and annoying: I read the user's guide incorrectly, and replaced the wrong light bulb. It sucks being this stupid.

Reply to
Desertphile

Ouch, that one has to hurt. I bet it sure was nice honing your skills.

:)

Reply to
SMF