No right turns for me and my Tahoe

The rear right turn signal on my 1997 Tahoe seems to have quit working, darn it: the front lamp works. I replaced the rear lamp and it still does not work. Would Chevy use a different fuse for
the front than the rear?
--
http://desertphile.org

No.
Desertphile wrote:

The plug is very susceptible to getting just enough wear that it does not make contact, even with a new bulb. I've had to "adjust" the inside of the socket contacts enough that the bulb makes contact again several times on mine.
sticks
On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 18:18:23 -0600, sticks

Thank you: I'll put a volt meter on the plug's contacts and make sure there's current, and if I see current I'll pry the contacts out a little. The light stopped working during a snow storm at Flagstaff--- when I needed it the most, darn it.
--
http://desertphile.org
Desertphile wrote:

Try your trailer hitch plug. The wiring is common to there.
On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 08:02:45 -0800, "Bill"

I've had the same thing happen on my 99 Tahoe. I cleaned the contacts, adjusted the contact prongs and replaced all the bulbs. Still only worked intermittently. Finally went to the junkyard and got another used one for $20 and now good as new. Was told that sometimes the unit just goes bad.
-Tony
On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 15:41:50 -0700, Desertphile

Ther solution to the problem was humorous and annoying: I read the user's guide incorrectly, and replaced the wrong light bulb. It sucks being this stupid.
--
http://desertphile.org
On 1/15/2010 3:33 PM, Desertphile wrote:

Ouch, that one has to hurt. I bet it sure was nice honing your skills.
:)