noise in tailgate--91 s10 Blazer--advice needed

re my 91 s10 Blazer (SUV type 4wd body) there are a lot of loud squeaks and cracking noises in the tailgate every time I drive over a rough patch of road. (with window open or closed) The vehicle also has the rear spare
tire carrier rack on the tailgate. I removed the trim panel, found no loose parts. I lubricated everything that might cause it including the application if silicone spray to the weather-stripping. Noise still there loud as ever. Any advice from those with a similar experience welcome.
Try wrapping a piece of electrical tap around the latch loop and see if the noise goes away. It is a VERY common problem that the latch wears a bit and what you hear is the steel parts galling against each other when they shift around. The tap trick usually works and lasts a while. I have also pulled the latch out of the gate and added some nylon onto the latch itself.
--
Steve W.
Life is not like a box of chocolates

News==----