Noisy Fuel Pump

'98 Z71, 5.7... My fuel pump is becoming more and more noisier... Any idea how bad it's going to hurt ($$$) to have the dealer replace it????

try replacing the fuel filter, my noise went way down when i did this...i could barely blow thru the thing when i had the mechanic let me see it. cost to replace the fuel pump is upwards of 400 bucks, fuel filter was about 40 bucks. i know two burbans that went out at 100k or so.
mine makes noise at 95k miles even after replacin the fuel filter and two dealers have told me that a new one may be as bad. i used to worry about the noise cause when they fail they simply stop and you have to have the thing hauled in and replaced. listen around and you will hear that they all make noise to some extent.

Call the dealer! old john

The pump on our '99 old style is very noisy and has been for the past 50K miles. Dealer says the noise is unfortunate, but doesn't necessarily mean failure is imminent. Have to agree with him.
Dave