Not a Boy Scout but I'll give it a try

I (my name)will do my best.To do dot my i's and cross my t's.Add periods at the end of my sentences.Also I will use proper grammer when speaking.And say excuse me when farting ...I am sorry elder Doc for
being a let down to the family....But at least I can read GOD did you hear that other guy when he thought you were talking to him?Oh sorry I will try harder next time....You can count on me...I will not let you down.
Steve;
Not to nit-pick, but.............
There is always a space between a period and the following sentence.

Top Post..... Damn It!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I will put a space after the period. Need another Beer. This is some hard shit. (Steve is trying to show the Family he is loyal) And im trying real hard too. Re: Not a Boy Scout but I'll give it a try Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sat, Oct 11, 2003, 7:59pm (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (GaryGlaenzer) Steve; Not to nit-pick, but............. There is always a space between a period and the following sentence.
I (my name)will do my best.To do dot my i's and cross my t's.Add periods at the end of my sentences.Also I will use proper grammer when speaking.And say excuse me when farting ...I am sorry elder Doc for being a let down to the family....But at least I can read GOD did you hear that other guy when he thought you were talking to him?Oh sorry I will try harder next time....You can count on me...I will not let you down.

punctuation at the end of a sentence. Rich B
top post..... Its all good Doc. Still kinda new at this web stuff.Easier on paper .But your cool I've been reading the posts ,and you know your shit. So being corrected by you is an honor. Until the next screw up. Steve
Re: Not a Boy Scout but I'll give it a try Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sat, Oct 11, 2003, 7:20pm (CDT+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (RichB) Not to nit-pick, but............. There is always a space between a period and the following sentence. Actually (without nitpicking), there should be two (2) spaces after the punctuation at the end of a sentence. Rich B
On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 19:20:38 -0400 (EDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Rich B) wrote:

actually, the 2 space rule was for typewriters using courier font and is no longer the "proper" way to do it. my kids got corrected on that in their english classes and drilled it into me for web pages... lol
Most schools still teach it as the 2 space method. I do both but hell I don't really care.
(Rich

You're right, I learned it in typing class eons ago but also in a computer class in 1995. MS Word stll uses the 2-space rule (but, word is not always 100% correct). I think that one space is sufficient (but I'll still use two).
I'll always stick with two spaces. For some reason, with only one space, I find it somewhat awkward and confusing to read. In high school, and even in college I've never heard anything different than the two space rule. Heck, I'm only 25! I don't think I've ever even used a real typewriter! I did have an old Clicky-Clacky IBM keyboard though. That thing was great. I wonder what ever happened to it, come to think of it.
Later! NW

Thank you so much!
Doc
====== ====== The_Gear snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (SteveCook) after making several D's in English and Composition 101....was overheard at his locker preparing for the next test.......
I (my name)will do my best.
To do dot my i's and cross my t's.
Add periods at the end of my sentences.
Also I will use proper grammer when speaking.
And say excuse me when farting ...
I am sorry elder Doc for being a let down to the family....But at least I can read GOD did you hear that other guy when he thought you were talking to him?Oh sorry I will try harder next time....
You can count on me...
I will not let you down. ======= ======= which made snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com (GaryGlaenzer) late for Shop class when he stopped in the hallway to say.......
Steve; Not to nit-pick, but.............
There is always a space between a period and the following sentence. ======= ======= snipped-for-privacy@noway.com (Doc) got tired of throwing spit-balls across the class and nudged Gary to tell him.......
G, You're merciless man!
Doc ======= ======= Not wanting to see Steve have to go to summer school........ snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (RichB) passed this note to him during the pop quiz......
Actually (without nitpicking), there should be two (2) spaces after the punctuation at the end of a sentence.
Rich B ========== ========== Marsh Monster .....always the helpfull classmate......attempted to help Steve with his homework by giving him this advice.......
Steve, indent to seperate thoughts
space to give time for absorbtion
puntuate to give forcefull meaning
............to take a breath and move on
end with statement that forces thought
and when appropriate..... be wittingly conspicuous in the meaning of your message.......in order to provoke thought and conversation.......and sometimes confusion.
marsh monster ~puts the doobie out and heads for Chem class......wonder if they refilled the helium bottle yet....~ ~:~
"Steve Cook" wrote

I think you've done a good job so far. It's much easier to fstinw your posts and see what you are responding to.
Ian
"shiden_kai" wrote

Hmmmm...not quite sure what "fstinw" means or how it got there. Insert 'read'.
Ian

Ripped a nasty fart and banged the keys in disdain maybe?
Doc