Now In the Gremlin's Possession, Formerly: Re: Purchasing a DANA 60 rear axle.

DANA 44 front axle: $20.00 Gas: On way home from work, $0.00
DANA 60 Rear axle: $80.00 Rear floor for a Blazer from the 6" rise back including tail pan: $225.00
Gas: $40.00
DANA 44: Rusted to one side. Can't get the knuckles to bend. Rotors, probably calipers... Ball joints? ETC..... Supposed to have 4.11's in it, can't get the carrier to turn so I hasn't a clue... One side of the ring's teeth have a 'burr' on it, purdy sharp... Not blue however. Rust on the axle isn't bad, (no scale, front axle so it got leaked on) so I may be able to get it to move yet. Spicer manual hubs, 8 lug.
DANA 60: Found the markings 41-13 (IIRC) on the ring. I would assume this is the count of the ring & pinion (respectively) which would be 3.13 roughly. Didn't count the teeth. The carrier was in great shape, it is an open carrier. The teeth on the ring are in MINT shape, so if'n anyone needs this weird gear ratio I'll ship 'em on out too you. The sub shafts were not in the axle, so they are surface rusted. Hubs have 2 studs a piece The backing plates just have the cylinders on them, nothing else. No pads, gizmos, etc. No drums. The hubs don't free turn that well, they move 'easy' enough but stop about 1/8 of a turn after you let go. No scale, should clean up well. Any thoughts?
Floors: Nice, new, no shipping instant gratification at 1/3 - 1/2 of the price!
Isn I insane?
GMC Gremlin

They do move - with a sledge.

Rotors gone, calipers saved as cores.

Not
41-11, 4.09??? Some of the teeth are purdy darn rusty, there was water in the pumpkin.

Soaking it all down in PB Blaster right now....
GMC Gremlin
OH I forgot. When I turn the passenger side hub (locked obviously on both sides) the driver's side doesn't really turn the other way. Think the DS half shaft be bent, make sense to you? When turning the DS hub it will turn, get a little tighter, then spin a bit and stop. Doesn't act that way if the hubs are unlocked though.
GMC Gremlin

so
If the ring gear was rusted:
There's a good chance the carrier side bearing(s) are rusted also. 4.10 to 1 sounds right for a Ford ratio.
Refinish King

hasn't
sharp...
It has 41-11 stamped on the ring gear, that comes to 4.09....
GMC Gremlin

pumpkin.
on)
Then:
It's a BASTARD!
LOL
Refinish King

I don't think bastard gearing. I've had 2 chev pickups with factory 4.10's.

leaked
He said "4.09"
LOL!
Now that's bastard!
Refinish King
PS I've seen 4.10, 4.11 and 4.13 of curse the 4.13 was in a Dart with a 360. But who am I to criticize Mopar?

so
purdy
OK well after actually using the calculator on that one. 41/11=3.727 READ: you've got 3.73's my friend.
Not 4.10's On the other hand, both my front and rear ring gears have 41-9 on them. READ: 4.56's

I did do the math with the calculator in my phone, I wonder why I got an answer so far off base. 3.73's it is!
GMC Gremlin A master in the art of mathematical fuck ups.

turn
the
got