OBD II Code 0101

Just as my '01 Blazer (4.3L) was turning 127,000 miles today, the "Service Engine Soon" light came on. After shutting the vehicle off and letting it sit for about a half-hour, the light did not appear
again at the subsequent start up. I do have a cheapie OBD II reader which I bought a few years ago and have never had occasion to use until today. Plugging it in revealed a code 0101, "Mass or Volume Air Flow Cirguit Range or Performance Problem" according to the manual that came with the reader.
So... what do I do next? Is it as "simple" as replacing the mass air flow sensor or might there be a ton of other stuff going on here?
Thanks,
Mark '01 Blazer LT
Try cleaning it first with CRC maf cleaner, do you have a K and N air system?

-
Nope. No K&N on this one. I did take things apart and cleaned connections and the screen in the sensor itself with an aerosol electrical contact cleaner. We'll see what happens now.
Thanks for your help.
Mark '01 Blazer LT