OBD II SOFTWARE

Does anyone know where I can obtain OBD II scan tool type sotware. I would like to load it onto my laptop and be able to diaganiose and maybe change settings in the ECM. I relize that i mave to get 2 programs one to diagnose
and the other to chage, But does anyone know were to get this stuff, Or maybe what board to ask?
Frank
I use this free updates and great customer service. ghg.net/dharrison/

diagnose
http://www.obd2.com /