Oil cooler lines

Hi there,

I have to replace the engine oil cooler lines on my K1500 Suburban, but the mechanics ask me to pay around 80 $ each just for the parts ! So, does anyone have an alternative solution on aftermarket or any other solution ? The main problem is that I live in France and all the american car parts are very expensive, so I've tried to find it on the net, but failed !

Any help would be great !

Best regards Phil

Reply to
Phil

I replace a leaking oil cooler line on a 95 S-10 with hi-temp hose purchased locally. In the states NAPA, for one, has hose rated for oil service. Put a very slight flare on the each end of the aluminum tube and used clamps. No leaks in 2 years.

Reply to
DonW

"DonW" sez:

Take this gentleman's excellent advice. I've replaced similar lines on my Suburban twice and the third set is now leaking just like the previous two. The fix described above seems to me a superior alternative to buying the same old junk from the manufacturer.

VLJ

Reply to
vlj

someone was making an aftermarket set that was suppose to be very high quality. The guys on the diesel forums are always fighting this because every one is equipped with a cooler. I'll see if I can find the source.

Snowman

Reply to
Snowman

try calling 1-888-306-4255. They are making hose kits for the diesels, but may have others available, too. Let us know what you find.

Snowman

Reply to
Snowman

Phil a little more info. I've also used 1/2"ID Parker hose, 821FR, (IIRC) rated for 150C. I believe Parker has European operation, including France. Check

and link to their international operations for specifics. Their hose is expensive at about $5/ft.

Reply to
DonW