Oil Filter

I have an '03 Tahoe with the 5.3L. The oil filter which the replacement books (Fram, etc.) call for is significantly smaller in height than the ones which the '02 5.3L tahoe. I know the large ones
(for the '02) will physically fit on my tahoe. Can i use the larger filters, or is there a problem in this.
I know the larger ones fit because the dealership put one on my car.