Oil Filter independent test results

In another article, a guy on the diesel site ran an independent test on air filters and their performance. Showed K&N had higher flow but also passed
smaller particles. This is a link to that site: http://home.usadatanet.net/~jbplock/ISO5011/SPICER.htm
Does anyone know of a similar site for oil filters. Sure would like to find an independent, 3rd party evaluation.
thanks
Paul P
Here it is:
http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html
Cheers - Jonathan

You mean "... passed larger particles." :-) (and more of them)

www.bobistheoilguy.com

I read through the oil filter "testing" on the Bobistheoilguy site and frankly I am not impressed with their methods or consistancy. All they are showing is pressure drop through each filter they put on their homemade machine, and I noticed that the inlet pressure on about half the photos isn't exactly at 40psi (if you can believe the gauge), but ranges from 38-42psi. In addition, there is no reading for oil temperature, no way to determine if the filter has gone into bypass mode, no way to determine the actual flow through each filter, and no way to determine the filtering ability of each filter. One filter could be flowing 8 gallons per minute through it with a pressure drop of 2psi, while another could be flowing 6.5 gallons per minute with a pressure drop of 2psi and they would never know because they are using a variable speed motor and no flowmeter. And they're using a multiweight motor oil (10w-30).
All I'm seeing here is two guys killing some spare time in their garage, but not presenting any really useful information on which to make a decision. At least on the first oil filter study site the guy cut open each filter and made definative measurements and observations without the inconsistancies of the flow tests mentions above. At least on this site I could compare actual construction and other details of each filter and come to the conclusion that I will never, ever buy a Fram filter...
Cheers - Jonathan

Jonathan, I agree. Both sites are giving some basic info, but neither is showing filtration results.
The key is how much and what size particles get thru. The benefit to the air filter study is it showed both filtration and air flow.
Surely there is one out there somewhere
Paul P

http://www.scuderiaciriani.com/rx7/oil_filter_study /