Oil Leak -- 1994 GMC Jimmy

I have a 1994 GMC Jimmy 4x4 with the 4.3L "W" engine. Son came home today and the thing is pouring oil on the ground. Appears to be coming from the
area behind and inboard of the left exhaust manifold collector. Seems to be where the oil filter ought to be but I have the remote filter.
Is this the connection point for the remote filter? If so, is it known to leak? Easy repair? Are parts (gaskets or ???) available?
Comments and help would be appreciated.
Thanks
JJC
Probably the oil cooler bypass hoses from the oil filter adapter on the block to the remote filter, very common, not easy access without a lift, and a very long extension working from the front. Any parts store can supply the hoses. Or NAPA can make them if the custom make hydraulic lines.

-
Thanks. I'm going to try to tackle it today. JJC

Just had my 94 done by indy shop. GM hose and seals = $92, Labor 1.4hrs x$85, total = $218 I had done the "remote filter to radiator cooler" hoses myself, but when "block to filter" hoses started leaking, one look at labor involved convinced me to have someone else do it.
Johnca wrote:

I think you are right. I started to take it apart -- starting with the engine to bell housing brace. Got it off but didn't have the right equipment to proceed so I reassembled. It took me and my 20 YO son almost 2 hours to get the block bolt for the brace reinstalled.
I just added 4 qts of oil and will have it towed to a shop. Hopefully, I can get the deal you got.
Thanks for the info.
JJC

Well, I got my truck back today. Fortunately, they fixed the problem. Unfortunately, it cost more that Reed paid -- mine was about $450 (I live in Southern California, but they don't take "sunshine dollars" in payment).
Turns out that the adapter plate (not the hoses) was leaking. The O-ring had split but the adapter plate also had a crack in it. Shop replaced both and it seems to be holding.
They added a dye to leak test -- will go back next week to be sure. Looks good so far.
Thanks for your input.
JJC