oil leak

I have a 1992 Chevy Z71 Silverado, with a 5.7 liter that has an oil leak in which I have traced back to the dipstick tube. The only problem is its coming out the end of the dipstick tube. I have low oil pressure. The motor was suposedly rebuilt recently. The question I need answered is, what causes oil to shoot out of the dipstick?

Reply to
shade tree

Blow By ( Bad piston rings ) PCV valve not working Too much oil in the crankcase

Reply to
somebody

ditto, what he said.

~:~ Marsh ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

I agree too with bad blowby from a worn engine usually being the culprit. Since oil pressure is low too try some good 15w40 (not 10w40) oil as it may seal pistons better and reduce blowby and it will raise oil pressure too and give you some time to figure out a long term solution.

SnoMan