oil leak

I have a 1992 Chevy Z71 Silverado, with a 5.7 liter that has an oil leak in which I have traced back to the dipstick tube. The only problem is its coming
out the end of the dipstick tube. I have low oil pressure. The motor was suposedly rebuilt recently. The question I need answered is, what causes oil to shoot out of the dipstick?
shade tree wrote:

Blow By ( Bad piston rings ) PCV valve not working Too much oil in the crankcase
--
It Doesnot Take Brains To
Get A High Paying Job!
. . ==============somebody wrote in message:

ditto, what he said.
~:~ Marsh ~:~
On 19 Apr 2006 21:37:32 -0700, "Marsh Monster"

I agree too with bad blowby from a worn engine usually being the culprit. Since oil pressure is low too try some good 15w40 (not 10w40) oil as it may seal pistons better and reduce blowby and it will raise oil pressure too and give you some time to figure out a long term solution. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com