On Star question

on star is going to a digital only in 2008 for there cell ph. service. how can i tell if i have digital or analog in my 2004 gmc sierra 4x4 or is this something the dealer or onstar would have to tell me.
thanks
You likely have the digital system. The dealer should be able to tell you, or hit the blue button and ask the person when they answer...
On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:35:22 -0400, red_z snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Charles H.) wrote:

cool mike will do that thanks, didnt think about hitting that blue button and asking.
I read elsewhere online - you can also push the blue button and listen for one of two responses:
If you have the old-style analog, the female voice will just say "READY." If you have the digital service, it will say "OnStar Ready." My 2002 Trailblazer has the analog service. No word on if / how it can get upgraded.

Sorry not the blue button, I meant the white dot button. Clicked send too quickly!
Ken

Ken thanks so much, mine says onstar ready. going to dealer on monday for service will double check with them, thanks again