One turn signal

I have a 79 surburban and the rear right turn signal doesn't flash.I checked the bulb and put it in the left rear side and it worked. When i put on the flasher only the right rear doesn't flash. If the
filiment which controls the running lights work why doesn't the turn signal which is the other filement in the same bulb work?
donji wrote:

Its the same bulb, but two completely different circuits. The two filaments in the bulb are seperate from each other. The short filament is the turn signal. If it works in the left side, (bulb is good), then you may have a bad ground on the right side.
George wrote:

just push the BRKE pedal and that filimint shud light up

The BRAKE light SHARES the Same Filiment as the Turn Signal
donji wrote:

Turn on the 4 ways and see if it lights, Or step on the brake. If not the bulb is bad. If by working in the left side the bulb flashed like it should then you have a bad socket or a bad ground on the right side.

-
Thanks for the feedback all i'll look into that probable bad ground. donji On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 01:48:29 -0400, "Steve W."