OOPS!!!

When I saw that Wal-Mart had auto buffers on sale I decided to treat my

99 S10 to a nice wax job. Truck looks great, shiny as a new penny. The problemis that I got wax all over the black plastic trim. I've tried every thing suggested by auto stores. Nothing seems to work very well. After a few days the black trim dull grey look. I'am stumped.... anyone have a fix for this problem??? Thanx in advance, Dave
Reply to
DAVID

hmm... my neighbor uses a special wax/treatment for the black bumper and trim strips on his truck.. i'll see if i can find out the brand... i "think" it was a Mc Quires product, but i'm not sure... it was in an older type can, not the wax tin type, but the kind that you unscrew a lid and pour... it said that it cleans and restores plastic & rubber... hope that helps you find it, i'll try to catch him when he gets home tonight and get more info..

Mac

Reply to
mac davis

Have you tried Black Gold?

Reply to
burntkat IS AT comcast.net

When I saw that Wal-Mart had auto buffers on sale I decided to treat my 99 S10 to a nice wax job. Truck looks great, shiny as a new penny. The problemis that I got wax all over the black plastic trim. I've tried every thing suggested by auto stores. Nothing seems to work very well. After a few days the black trim dull grey look. I'am stumped.... anyone have a fix for this problem??? Thanx in advance, Dave

Reply to
Crooked-Ridez

There is a special stuff for that, Back to Black or something like that it is called.

Reply to
Eugene

I use WD-40 on a rag, it won't hurt anything may take two trys if the wax is heavy.

Reply to
Batty

I have tried them all, but none really get the white wax haze look out. I would recommend a toothbrush or a small paint brush. When the truck is completely dry, use the brush to get the wax out of the surface. You may have to work at it a little while to get it all out. Believe me once you are done brushing the wax out, you will be more carefull around the black trim next time..

Reply to
USFSIG

black gold has worked on my oppsssss when i get it on the plastic

Reply to
Charles H.

I always put a dressing on the plastic and rubber trim before I wax, the wax will clean right off the dressing even if the wax is dry.

Reply to
AL

What brand of dressing do you use?

would

Reply to
Ann Meffert

. . OOPS!!! Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Mon, Feb 9, 2004, 6:10am (CST-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (DAVID)

When I saw that Wal-Mart had auto buffers on sale I decided to treat my

99 S10 to a nice wax job. Truck looks great, shiny as a new penny.

The problemis that I got wax all over the black plastic trim.

I've tried every thing suggested by auto stores. Nothing seems to work very well. After a few days the black trim dull grey look. I'am stumped....

anyone have a fix for this problem???

Thanx in advance, Dave ====== ======

PrepSol (call a bodyshop...they'll give yuh a cup full)

if yer brakes is broke....call a brake dude

if yer muffins busted....call a muffler dude

if yer wax'n yer mouldings...call a bodyman and give em a good laugh.

marshmonster ~hehe~ ======== ========

Reply to
Marsh Monster

"Back to Black" and "303 Protectant"

Reply to
AL

Peanut butter...works great...rub on, wipe off...done! Plastic looks new again.

Reply to
gary

Until the squirrels carry your truck off...

WW

Reply to
WaterWatcher