OOPS!!!

--WebTV-Mail-17622-656 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
When I saw that Wal-Mart had auto buffers on sale I decided to treat my
99 S10 to a nice wax job. Truck looks great, shiny as a new penny. The problemis that I got wax all over the black plastic trim. I've tried every thing suggested by auto stores. Nothing seems to work very well. After a few days the black trim dull grey look. I'am stumped.... anyone have a fix for this problem??? Thanx in advance, Dave
--WebTV-Mail-17622-656 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
--WebTV-Mail-17622-656--
On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 06:10:54 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (DAVID) wrote:

hmm... my neighbor uses a special wax/treatment for the black bumper and trim strips on his truck.. i'll see if i can find out the brand... i "think" it was a Mc Quires product, but i'm not sure... it was in an older type can, not the wax tin type, but the kind that you unscrew a lid and pour... it said that it cleans and restores plastic & rubber... hope that helps you find it, i'll try to catch him when he gets home tonight and get more info..
Mac
Have you tried Black Gold?
(DAVID)

black gold has worked on my oppsssss when i get it on the plastic
I use lacquer thinner to get off the marks, then immediately rinse with water. Not the safest way in the world, but if you are quick, you won't hurt anything. And it works great.
Edward Murray
I saw that Wal-Mart had auto buffers on sale I decided to treat my<BR>99 S10 to a nice wax job. Truck looks great, shiny as a new penny. The<BR>problemis that I got wax all over the black plastic trim. I've tried<BR>every thing suggested by auto stores. Nothing seems to work very well.<BR>After a few days the black trim dull grey look. I'am stumped.... anyone<BR>have a fix for this problem???<BR>Thanx in advance, Dave <BR><BR> <P> <HR>
<P></P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
DAVID wrote:

There is a special stuff for that, Back to Black or something like that it is called.
I use WD-40 on a rag, it won't hurt anything may take two trys if the wax is heavy.
I have tried them all, but none really get the white wax haze look out. I would recommend a toothbrush or a small paint brush. When the truck is completely dry, use the brush to get the wax out of the surface. You may have to work at it a little while to get it all out. Believe me once you are done brushing the wax out, you will be more carefull around the black trim next time..
I always put a dressing on the plastic and rubber trim before I wax, the wax will clean right off the dressing even if the wax is dry.
Al

would
completely
carefull
What brand of dressing do you use?

out. I would

completely
carefull
"Back to Black" and "303 Protectant"

. . OOPS!!! Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Mon, Feb 9, 2004, 6:10am (CST-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (DAVID)
When I saw that Wal-Mart had auto buffers on sale I decided to treat my 99 S10 to a nice wax job. Truck looks great, shiny as a new penny.
The problemis that I got wax all over the black plastic trim.
I've tried every thing suggested by auto stores. Nothing seems to work very well. After a few days the black trim dull grey look. I'am stumped....
anyone have a fix for this problem???
Thanx in advance, Dave ========== PrepSol (call a bodyshop...they'll give yuh a cup full)
if yer brakes is broke....call a brake dude
if yer muffins busted....call a muffler dude
if yer wax'n yer mouldings...call a bodyman and give em a good laugh.
marshmonster ~hehe~ ==============
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (DAVID) wrote in message

Peanut butter...works great...rub on, wipe off...done! Plastic looks new again.

again.
Until the squirrels carry your truck off...
WW