Opinions Please! (Doc)

Water in oil I've got a lot of cleaning to do. I got one more head to take off,one on drivers side is off and seemed to be leaking head gasket so far.Had to stop I got sick and had to go to
doctor.Anyway Doc I was planning on getting the heads reworked.Will I be able to put timing set in without removing oil pan?1988 Blazer 4x4 4.3 v-6. 161k miles.I want to get as much done as I can since I have the engine apart.Thanks Bobby
without removing ? yes
without loosening so the front can drop down ? no

And when you do it, make sure everything is squeeky clean before putting it back in place. Don't want to have to get back in there. Really, you DON'T want to have to get back in there.
Big Chris
TranSurgeon wrote:

He he he he, sounds like someone did have to get back in there eh? <g>
Doc
Doesn't look like anyone has been in the engine before,Other than the valve covers had been off.Had these nice looking blue rubber gaskets.Wish I would have had the money to have did the whole engine.Would have been a lot easier too!This engine is like a jigsaw puzzle,really hard to get to things to take apart.Soon as I feel better I'll be back out there,I've got pieces scattered every where>Thank For the Replies! Bobby