Orange county, Speed limit reduced?

I was coming home tonight, and since the traffic was rather light, I was able to notice the new speed limit signs on the 22 east, from the 5 south to the 55 south. the speed limit on this stretch has been reduced from 65 to

  1. How many other sections of SoCal freeway have been reduced? and why? gas crunch again?
Reply to
Trey

I noticed that w/b 22, just east of 405, a sign is posted that reads "End 55 Speed Limit" (or something like that). I wonder if the entire 22 is reduced to 55 now? The 22 seems to have more than it's share of accidents so maybe this might be an attempt to reduce them. 'Course part of the reason for so many accidents is that the 22 runs through 3 third-world countries.

Reply to
Pumper Hinkle

OUCH

get it at both ends with this one, reduced speed limit for theconstruction, AND since its construction, traffic fines are doubled!However, its nice to see they are going to expand the freeway finally!

Reply to
Trey

X-No-archive:yes

Speed Limit?! What speed limit? You guys down in Orange County worrying about signs along the road? I didn't know anybody still paid attention to those things.In L.A.county the speed is limited only by the traffic.Last week I was going along the left lane at a comfortable 85 MPH on the E.bound 134 and a mercedes,with his horn blaring came up behind me like I was standing still.I don't recall ever seeing someone getting a ticket for speeding on an L.A.freeway.Maybe it's different down there. Best...Brian

Reply to
Brian Orion