OT - Cell phone online phone book (but potentially usefull)

Cell phone online phone book

Above is a link to something that I think has been a long time coming. An index of cell phone numbers. It is OPT-IN meaning that only those people who choose to add their info will be listed (which is the right way to do things if you ask me for security and privacy). Now if only everybody I know who's cell phone number I can never find/remember would just sign up......

I thought it was cool and had never seen anything like it, and figured some of you others on this list would appreciate it as a reference. They are just starting up from what I can tell, and I suspect this might be something big eventually. Yes, I signed up. Standard disclaimers apply....no I don't get paid by them, I am not one of their endorsing artists...blah blah blah.

Big Chris

Reply to
Big Chris

did you happen to read the EULA?

10 to 1 says they're gonna sell the list to telemarketers.

Reply to
burntkat

Another way for telemarketers to screw with me!

Refinish King

PS Kill Telemarketers, make the world a nicer place!

Reply to
Refinish King

As long as you are on the national do not call list it shouldn't be a problem. Added to that, Minnesota (where I currently am) has pretty severe penalties for calling people on the state do not call list. I have yet to receive a single telemarking call in the two years I have lived here, both with my land line and my cell phone #.

Big Chris

Reply to
Big Chris