OT...Dash Problems

You will get better results in a Chrysler/Dodge newsgroup, however I made the same mistake buying one of these lemon vans. There is a serial bus between the engine computer and the body computer/dash which carry the data for the gauges. Its common for a pair of transistors to burn out that drive this bus are prone to burning out. If you can solder its an easy cheap fix. If not then you either buy parts from a junk yard or pay the big $ to a parts swapper.

Reply to
Eugene

'92 Dodge Caravan. 3.0, 3spd Auto

The dash in these things is electronic analog gauges. The dash in my Woman's van quit working. No lights and no movement of the needles. All fuses and relays are good. All connections are good. The dome light stays on always unless the dimmer is slid all the way over to the dash light off position. When the lights are turned on, the radio dims like normal. All indicators on the top part of the dash work. All tail, head, hazard, and park lights work.

Headlight switch? Dash pod? Computer? Hidden relay or fuse?

HELP!

Reply to
Shades