OT--Ford's GT40

Saw (or rather heard it first) one on a freeway in the SF Bay Area yesterday. A nice throaty roar as he sped up to change lanes just as I was taking an off ramp. Black, Sleek and (please Santa being me one)..K

Reply to
ken

David Johnson

They are cool....but way to expensive for my blood............but a nice alternative would be the LS40 from Lonestar Classics..........and get 38-40 mpg also!!!

Mark & Sharla Thompson

I would like to have one of the orginal GT's. GT-40 wasn't the "official" Ford name for the orginals, but it's what they are known as. The body lines alone get my blood flowing like a TF/D leaving the line.

To me the new ones are less exciting to look at. Yet I would love to drive one, just Once.

When it comes to Super Cars, my personial desire is a C.O.P.O. L-72 69 Camaro (Perferibly a Daytona Yellow sYc-Yenko).

Charles Really I do have a soft spot in my heart for most classic tin.

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Reply to
Mark & Sharla Thompson

Interesting, I'll have to go by and see them. I live right around that part of Florida.

But, what makes you think a frame off '69 Camaro would cost you less than a $150k?

Reply to
bbrown64

There's a used car dealer down the street from where I used to work in Oakland Cal who has both a right hand drive 289 Corba (original) and has owned two GT-40's...still has one (said he sold the first one to Merial Hemingway many years ago)

He was featured in a two part "World of Collector Cars" video

Reply to
ken

not the camaro.......the new ford GT40 is $150,000...........to rich for my blood.............they are currently going from 15 to 20k over invoice..........would rather have an LS40 or Camaro..........funny is several Ford dealers have contacted Lonestar Classics to have one of their replicas in the showroom so folks can see what a real GT40 looks like!!! Read on their site...............MRT

Reply to
Mark & Sharla Thompson

Im going to contact Year One in the summer (after I finsh a few of my personial projects), and see about geting one of their new 69 Camaro shells. Then check with the state of ohio about registration & VIN for it (ie:what they would consider it, what I would have to do for it to be

100% legal). Since the shells only come in convertible, I know where there are a few extra crusty First Gen Shells I could get a hard top roof from.

For me the better part of the enjoyment of such a car would be building it. Maybe holding on to it for a year or two, and selling it to someone looking for such a beast.

When it comes to C.O.P.O. Camaro's, for me the enjoyment would come from having a Real car, with a documented history. Driving it to local shows, and letting other view it. Doing Nastalgia Drags, and maybe a cross country trip or two. Sure you can clone such a car, it just won't have the same feel & imperfections of the real thing. In a way Im still chasing VIN# 124379N578973. Which had 2 extra cost options: A Gauge Package that cost $60.00, and a Radio That cost $61.10, bring the total to $4,593.68 purchased 2/21/1969 from Hugh White Chevrolet. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig