OT: Music editing question

Sorry for the off topic....just figured that there must be folks that are interested in both Chevy trucks "and" music editing.
The question is: can you remove the artist's
voice (ie: the lyrics) from a track so that all you are left with is the music? Is there software that can accomplish this?
Thanks guys (and gals)
Ian
I know you can do it but I am not sure of the software required yuou might try to find adobe premiere or something like that.

http://www.replayinc.com/Main_Page.htm
--
Computer Tips & Tweaks
Builds/Upgrades/Repairs

Thank you for the reply, I'll check this out.
Ian
how about a sound editor that will allow me to change, mix, delete any section of a song in the most common format?