OT: Repairing Sears Snow Blower (Tecumseh)

Page 2 of 2
If you really want it to remove the snow. Then just add NOS, it's the best thing I ever did. It won't ever get plugged up with snow again either. Remove NoSpam to reply, Thanks

On 14 Dec 2003 01:30:10 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comNo.Spam (Kahlua53) wrote:

or move to california or florida...
Keep the shear pins in. They are there to protect the auger gearbox. Brass gears inside the auger gearbox. A fist full of shears is way cheaper and easier to do than the gearbox. Drop the shoes down on dirt, ya ain't scraping down a dirt drive with a blower.
--
John
"Anything you say can & will be misquoted & used against you"

I have custom made skids on this beast. After 17 years in service, the originals had worn clean through. So I made some up out of 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 8' cold-rolled steel, and some 3/8" x 4" x 8' cold-roll. Welded it up into some nice lookin skis, and then used 1/8" 6011 to pad the bottom.
Had to replace the ogger gear box once.... they weren't brass though.
-The Lonely Grease Monkey 1985' K5 305CUI TH700R4 NP208 KJ's successor
"Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, then he who believes what is a wrong." - Thomas Jefferson