OT: Sears Snow blower is running!

I gave the snow blower to my brother to rebuild the carburetor. After $6 kit and $5 float, it would now spit and die. That's better then before. :)

He took it to a local small engines dude I used to help build IMCA modified with and he said Tecumseh motors are famous for losing compression if they sit for a long time. He pulled the plug, poured in a little dab of 90 weight gear oil. Put the plug in, second pull, bam.

Purring like a kitten. Ran for 20 minutes. Let is sit overnight, first pull, started right up.

Very strange, but whatever works. :)

He didn't charge me anything since we used to do stuff in the past. Very cool.

Free snow blower, $11 parts, case of beer for the bro...Done deal.

Lannie

Reply to
LS

good deal! glad you got it working....