OT - Suwanee, GA.

yeah, that sounds like the place...

Email me if you'd like his email... He knows the area pretty well and he's got a gig with the "Henry County Development Authority office", whatever that is.. lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Its out of the rust belt for sure, but its also plumb in the middle of the swelter belt.. In days of old folks with money would high tail it to Savanah in the summer to escape the heat.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning
"

True that.

The summer months in GA can get a little warm. Sure as sh*t beats shovelin snow, though.

C.B.

Reply to
C.B. Evans

Ok, lets dispell all rumors. I live about 40 minutes north of there. Suwanee and NORTH would be a great place to work or live. When looking for a place to live go NORTH. You should be able to find a nice, new place in the mid 200's and up. Of course there are plenty of others in lower price ranges, but I'm talking about nice preplanned communites with amnenities, etcs.

NO threat from hurricanes at all. If the remants of one ever comes through, all you notice is a day of rain. In the summer you get the afternoon thundershower, with the occasional thunderstorm. Yes the summers are fairly hot and humid, but we definitely have 4 seasons. You may see flurries a few times a year, but are more likely to have an ice storm than any snow accumulation, an that would be rare.

Reply to
Jerry Hamilton

Thanks for the info Jerry.

Reply to
el Diablo

Jerry Hamilton said

I'd like to echo Jerry's sentiments, thoughts, and facts. I spent over

25 years in the Atlanta area and spent the last 11 years (1989-2000) in Lawrenceville, which is only 8 miles southeast of Suwanee.

The area has a lot going for it. If I didn't live one mile from the beach in Florida, I'd be tempted to move back.

Now, let me tell you about hurricanes ....

Casey

Reply to
Casey