OT: You guy seen the new Pontiac GTO?

Front engine, rear drive, indi suspension, 350 horse.

0-60 in 5.3 and 29 mpg. Sweet. $32,000
JR

I was a little disappointed, myself. I wish they would have had some resemblance of a muscle car. I do like the front end, though because it reminds me of the late '90s Grand Prix, which has been restyled to look like an alien of some sort.

The GTO didn't exactly go out with a bang, having a Ventura based body in '74 with only a Pontiac 350 available, in my opinion. I wish it would have come back with a bang, though.

I don't like a Ford, but they really did a good job on their '05 Mustang, in my opinion. Looks tough.

Snowman

Reply to
Snowman

it looks like a nice car, but like the impala and malibo, i wish they'd let the names die instead of putting them on as an ad gimmick for a new model... it just seems like a shame to come out with a new car that looks (IMHO) like a honda accord and put a GTO badge on it....

Mac

Reply to
mac davis

In the finest GM tradition, its also a Cadillac Catera!

Jeff

Reply to
jeff

Ugly. Disgrace to the legend's name I think.

Reply to
LS

Looks like shit IMHO. No such thing as a muscle car any more....

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

What about the Marauder?

jeff

Bwahahahahahahahaha!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

I think they could have done A LOT better in the looks department. Way too plain... side windows are too big... too family car looking.

The Dodge Magnum - now that's one p!ssed off looking wagon. I love it, and I'm all die-hard GM.

Even the Mustang looks INCREDIBLE in '05. I hope they don't start neutering the power or anything stupid like that.

-marc

Reply to
Marc Westerlind

I do think a pair of GTO scoops would be a nice touch.

Reply to
JR

I think I'll just continue my slow restoration efforts on my '69 instead...

ladude "JR" wrote in message news:h%s%b.21755$ snipped-for-privacy@news1.epix.net... I do think a pair of GTO scoops would be a nice touch.

Reply to
LaDude