out there doc???

im the guy with the 91 sonoma that you answered my post to. i checked the cts and it looked fine. do you have any more ideas that it may be. it is still doing
the same thing after i run her for some time (45 mins or so),gets sluggish and runs rotten and feels and sounds like a big old diesel.i let her sit for a day and she runs fine for a while and then starts all over again

cts and it looked fine. do you have any more ideas that it may be. it is still doing the same thing after i run her for some time (45 mins or so),gets sluggish and runs rotten and feels and sounds like a big old diesel.i let her sit for a day and she runs fine for a while and then starts all over again

Ok, refresh my memory:
So far you've:
1. Replaced the 02 sensor 2. Checked the CTS.
Have you:
1. Tuned her up (plugs, wires, cap, rotor) 2. Had the Ignition Control Module checked out 3. Checked the EMC for codes?
BTW, run a resistance check on the CTS using a DMM. Resistance should decrease as temperature increases. Let me know what the resisitance is when you first start her up (dead cold, and let me know what temp it was outside), and what the resistance is when she reaches 195* (t-stat open, upper rad hose HOT to the touch).
Doc
hey there doc the wires are a year old,the rotor is new,the cap is a year old but looks ok upon inspection,plugs a year old,. do you think it could be the catalytic converter? im not a mechanic just a backyard guy (not sore how to check the codes) thanks

ok upon inspection,plugs a year old,. do you think it could be the catalytic converter? im not a mechanic just a backyard guy (not sore how to check the codes)

Here's what you need to access the ECM's codes:
http://www.georgiasyty.com/aldl.htm
Doc
when my van runs fir a litle while it starts sending messages(engine light,radio gets hot to the touch ect,) can anyone help me??