Override Montana Headlights???

I have a 2000 Pontiac Montana with automatic headlights.
There are several occasions where we want the damn headlights OFF when the van is running. We want to drive through the Holiday lights in Des Moines
with the kids but they do not allow us through with our headlights on.
Does anyone know how to override the darn things??
Lannie
PS Why have a on and off switch and they come on all the time anyway?
|I have a 2000 Pontiac Montana with automatic headlights. | | There are several occasions where we want the damn headlights OFF when the | van is running. We want to drive through the Holiday lights in Des Moines | with the kids but they do not allow us through with our headlights on. | | Does anyone know how to override the darn things?? | | Lannie | | PS Why have a on and off switch and they come on all the time anyway? |
I don't know how it works for the Montana, but my s10 has a dome overide button next to the headlight switch. I have to press it 4 times in a row to overide the automatic headlights. I'm sure something like is included in the owner manual.
1 click down on the emergency brake pedal may also turn them off
Larry
JRK wrote:

Manual!!??? I have to get that out and read it????
Thanks guys, I'll try the pedal trick. And read the d^&% manual if I have too. :)
Lannie

just pull the damn fuse. old john
"JRK" <r_knappfixatfixcomcast.net> wrote in message

when
on.
anyway?
overide
row
included
Pulled the fuse and it works like it should! Enjoyed the Christmas lights. Now I can pick up my kids from class at night with the van running and not blind everyone in line.
Thanks!!
Lannie

glad you listened. simple solution right? old john

Des
headlights
It was tough to do, but I got it done!! Lannie :)

Since you have to turn off your headlights when approaching a military base, there is a way to turn off the headlights when you approach. It's in the manual. However what I remember off the top of my head is the one click (or was it two...) down on the ebrake.
That would of been less work than pulling the fuse...Now that it's a moot point.

or just pull the fuse that says running lights or simular. old john