P-0430 code

I'm getting a P-0430 code (catalyst low efficiency bank 2). I've replaced the driver's side pre-cat o2 sensor. Could I have a bad passenger side pre-cat sensor?

Also, I'm getting conflicting info. on which is bank 1 & bank 2. I thought bank 1 was driver's side. What's correct?

Thanks!

JB

Reply to
John B

Bank 2 is the Passenger side.

Basically what this is saying is your catalytic converter may be shot (worst case) or you have a bad 02 sensor(s) or an exhaust leak (best case)

Reply to
SBC News

Thanks!

I thought bank 2 was the pass. side. There's a lot of people out there that seem to think it's the driver's side.

I'll replace the O2 sensor and see what that does.

JB

SBC News wrote:

Reply to
John B