P0101 Error Code

I have a 99 K1500 suburban that has been giving me lots of trouble. I have replaced the camshaft and crankshaft position sensors, a catalytic converter, and rear oxygen sensors. Now I have a P0101 error code. Other than the actual MAF sensor, what do I need to look for with this code or do I automatically replace the sensor? Thanks.

Mike D.

Reply to
Michael Dobony

I already went through that page and nothing. 3 mechanics mentioned the vacuum leak, but wd40 showed no leaks. Wiring has not changed. This problem has been a long time in developing, with backfiring, lack of power, hesitation, feels like the ignition is intermittently dying, etc., but I had no error code until today.

Reply to
Michael Dobony

Well first thing to do is make SURE that the air intake is clean, that the air filter is clean and that nothing is blocking the sensor. (Had one a week ago that was acting wonky, Owner says, "it started doing that after I installed a new air filter" Pulled it apart and the owner had left a chunk of shop rag in the air intake tube!)

Next you can get a can of contact cleaner and clean the contacts real well, also clean the sensor. Check the harness to the sensor for routing as well. Seen a few that set codes because the wiring was run close to the ignition and it was getting some strange pulses the ECM didn't like.

If you have access to a scan tool that will read real time data compare what your seeing to the specs for the sensor.

Most of the range problems I get are due to either bad contacts or the sensor itself.

Reply to
Steve W.