Parking brake 01 silverado

My Parking brake pedel goes all the way downand barely makes contact Is this self adjusting or must I pull the drums and adjust it with a clearence tool? I have never used it so I dont know
thanks
Larry Schmitt wrote:

When you take the rear rotors off, you will probably find that the park brake shoes are worn, maybe both sides, often just one side. Install new park brake shoes, and they will come with an updated retainer that will help keep them from wearing out even though they aren't being used. There is no adjustment for these park brakes at the cable, you must make your adjustment at the shoes themselves.
Ian
parking brake shoe is worn down part number is 88982878 63.82 + tax and you will need a new rotor as you can't get the inner part of it turned i just did mine about two weeks ago.

bty you can only get it from the gm dealer

much thanks!