passenger door on 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Pickup

My passenger door on my 2000 GMC Sierra won't open from the inside. The slide lock just flops back and forth. The inside handle pulls out like it is locked. I can open it from the outside by inserting the key and holding it
in the unlock position and then pulling on the outside handle. When I close it again, it is locked again. The door panel on the inside looks like it has been pulled away some. It seems like the top clip that holds the panel to the metal door broke off (it's a plastic clip). I don't know how that happened. I have googled for gmc door locks, and 2000 gmc sierra door, etc., but I have not found anything helpful. I do not have power windows, or anything fancy, just the basic manual door locks, and manual crank windows. The truck has just the 2 doors. I was thinking of taking the door panel off to see what is wrong, but thought I would ask if anyone here has had this problem, or if there is a web site out there that may have a diagram of what's inside the door ( e.g. linkage and clips) ? Any help is appreciated.
TIA, Joe
Sounds like your linkage just popped off. I'd open up the door... All the ones I've worked on (never your model, but several trucks) it didn't require any parts to fix, just needed to open it up.
GMC Gremlin

is
close
has
etc.,
door
out
Thanks gremlin,
Are there any diagrams around that show what the linkage is supposed to look like?
Joe

it
it
and
Thanks again, Gremlin. I was able to fix it today between rain showers (from Frances). It was just the sliding lock assembly inside the truck that came loose from the linkage (or vice versa). I had to pull the door panel to find that out. I didn't realize that the sliding lock assembly can be pried out with a screwdriver. Oh well, now I know.
Thanks again,
Joe

The
holding