passing CA emisions

Would a vehicle that was originally sold for New York State be able to pass a CA emissions requirement. I am thinking of relocating is the reason I am asking and wondering if I should leave my vehicles behind..... what type of equipment does a CA car that wouldn't be on a NY...

Reply to
don

As long as you own it and registered it in NY you can register it in CA as long as it has over 7500 miles on it.

From Cal DOT:

the 7500 miles is where they break the new/used vehicle line. Under 7500 they consider a new vehicle. Those have to meet CA emissions.

Reply to
Steve W.

NY cars are sold with CA emissions package. Underhood sticker will confirm meets CA req.

Reply to
repairman54

Send the paperwork in with the VIN ... or call in the Vehicle Identification Number into the CAL DMV ... maybe your insurance company especially if you are AAA will tell you on that information alone as the VIN has all that information on it ... even if you have a 'third' brake light on your rear.

As long as it is in working order and you have all the smog parts I suspect you do just fine.

sumbuddie wear blind sea

Reply to
Alan B. Mac Farlane