PASSLOCK II on 02 silverado

can any one give my advice on how to by-pass this system. Mine has gone hay wire, sometime start and run other start and stop. The dealer want WAY to much to diagonose and repair, isn't their a way to by this?
thankx
IRNOTSLOW
How bout a warranty?

warranty expired at 75K, 1 have 83K.
yuppers I don't let grass grow under my truck

google is your friend
http://members.tripod.com/~alarmtek/VATS.html

What specifically is the passlock II? Just want more information incase mine goes bad...
Thx
JJ

passlock I, II, and VATS are manufacture anti-theft systems that prevent hot-wiring an auto with out the key

pull the clamshell from the steering column. find the VERY thin black and yellow wires that run together from the key cylinder. Measure the resistance (with the truck running) between the yellow and black wires. In some cases, you need to measure the "key side" of the yellow wire (cut it)...Test multimple times, starting and stopping the truck each time. The resistance should be a very steady reading. Find a resistor that is within 3% of the value you measured. Run that resistor inline with the black wire, and you've effectively defeated the Passlock II system permanently.
In your case, you're doing it to allow the truck to run...many cheesy installers do this to allow remote starting, inadvertently bypassing the security system altogether (not cool)