Passlock Problem?? No Fuel, No Spark

Here is the deal, I recently replaced my blown up 2.2 with a 4.3L engine, as I was instructed by many who had done the process before, I was sure to be able to obtain the BCM and the PCM from the same vehicle that the engine was removed from. My truck is a 1998 s10, the vehicle the engine came out of was a 99 s10. I installed the engine, without any problems, well none that you don't expect obviously, replaced all wires, the fuse box in the engine compartment, etc. Went to start the vehicle, the engine turns over just fine, but would not start up, I checked the fuel pressure and spark, neither of which am I receiving. The security light on my dash does not flash, but rather stays on solid, even after the key is removed, and I shut down the vehicle. Any suggestions, or help would be greatly appreciated at this point.

Reply to
kbrassfi

Shep

Reply to
kbrassfi

I have a 98 s-10, they do not use the original passlock/vats system with the resistor in the key. They use Passlock II which is is entirely differant. The key has nothing to do with it, if the key turns, that is what matters. Sounds like you have a computer problem. Wayne

Reply to
wayne c