PCV Module lowers oil consumption?

I was on a 6500 mile trip from DC to Las Vegas & return. Neat the outset, I stopped off at a Tennessee Chevy dealer for an oil change and tire rotation. The mechanic inquired about the oil consumption since the it was very low on the dip stick on my 2002 Avalanche. It had about 16K miles on it at the time.

I was allowed to watch as he rotated the tires and changed the oil, something I rarely get to do at a Chevy dealer or any shop in my area. He asked another mechanic who informed him that Chevy has a new PVC valve/module (whatever) that is covered under warranty if the owner complains about oil consumption. They changed the PVC, but I didn't get a copy of the warranty work.

I am unsure whether mileage increased or oil consumption lessened-- I think it did but will have to watch now that I am off the long road trip.

I was also told that this new PVC is available for other of the Chevy vehicles and engine sizes dating back a few years. Can anyone confirm or shed some light on the appropriateness of the change of PCV "module?"

Tippy

Reply to
tippy

Tippy