Performance Improvers - Gas & Diesel

PI Performance Improver (API)

Treated Fuel Delivers Maximum Performance

In engines with accumulated deposits, testing showed AMSOIL P.i. provided the following clean-up benefits after only one tank of gasoline:

. Improves fuel mileage an average of 2.3% and up to 5.7% . Reduced emissions . hydrocarbons (HC) up to 15% . carbon monoxide (CO) up to 26% . nitrous oxides (NOx) up to 17% . Restored power and performance . Reduced need for costly higher octane fuel . Reduced noise from carbon rap and pre-ignition . Better drivability . Smoother operation

AMSOIL P.i. works as an "emissions passer." It is ideal for use prior to emissions inspections.

Drive A Diesel? * Read More Here *

Efficiency ULTRA-LOW-SULFUR DIESEL FUEL CHALLENGES Reduces Cylinder Wear, Retains Engine Oil TBN Longer Minimizes Soot Loading Superior Cold Weather Performance

Become a Preferred Customer - S-A-V-E An Average of 25 Percent off Retail

- Recently Laid Off? -

- Become an AMSOIL Dealer and Be Your Own Boss

- Make As Much As You Want

Find Out More:

Steve

Meebers

Do you recommend this product for this purpose?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Stay away from this shit at all costs: much of it is not certified for use in automobiles, and it can drastically reduce the life of the catalytic converter.

Reply to
Desertphile

About ten years ago, we had emission testing here, I had a gasser, and it failed. I used the PI for diesel for one tank of gas< about 4 oz., and it then passed emissions.

Say what want. But it worked.

Reply to
Bill

AMSOIL Sample Letter sent by Technical Services to automobile dealerships when they say using AMSOIL will void the manufacturers warranty

It has come to our attention that you (or employee's name) have been informing our mutual customers that the use of AMSOIL synthetic motor oil voids your manufacturers' warranty. This claim is not true. Please review the following facts about warranties and AMSOIL synthetic motor oil.

Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) recommend consumers use lubricants of the proper viscosity grade and service classification. Any oil, whether it's petroleum oil or synthetic, may be used without affecting the overall warranty coverage. OEMs pay or deny warranty claims based on the findings of failure analysis. To affect the vehicle warranty, the lubricant must be directly responsible for the failure. If the oil did not cause the problem the warranty cannot be voided, regardless of the brand of oil used, or the length of time or number of miles the oil was used. To flatly inform the customer that the use of AMSOIL synthetic motor oil voids their vehicle warranty is not true. It is not supported by OEMs and damages AMSOIL INC.

AMSOIL introduced the world's first API rated synthetic motor oil to the automotive public in 1972. Since then, every major motor oil manufacturer has followed AMSOIL's lead and has introduced synthetic oils of their own. AMSOIL synthetic motor oils exceed the most demanding worldwide performance standards. They are specially formulated to provide superior performance and longer service than provided by conventional oils. AMSOIL synthetic motor oils can be installed and used with complete confidence. AMSOIL INC carries liability insurance and offers our customers complete warranty coverage for oil related failures, should one ever occur.

We appreciate your attention to this matter and anticipate there will be no further intimidation of our customers by your insuring no one implies or states that the use of AMSOIL products will "void" vehicle warranties. Thank you.

AMSOIL INC. Customer Service Division

Reply to
Steve

Please click on the link and read the comment at the AMSOIL corporate web site.

AMSOIL recommends the product for this purpose!

Steve

Not just dealerships say that: manufactuerers also say it--- that is why they insist upon the proper certification of lubricants in their vehicles. "Steve" was already informed about this in several newsgroupos where he spewed his spam, yet he chose to ignore the facts of the matter.

Note this cut-and-paste propaganda bullshit mentions "manufacturers' warranties" which my article did not. I pointed out that many Amsoil products put automobiles' catalytic converters at risk of reduced life and performance: facts "Steve" was told in several other newsgroups in the past. He got his ass kicked on the subject repeatedly in many newsgroups, which caused him to flee. Some other facts:

1) Amsoil sells via multi-level marketing, like many other scams out there: Amway, Juice Plus, Scientology, a thousand or more "alternative health" scams.... the list is endless. 2) Amsoil insists they have liability insurance, therefore their producs are safe. BULLSHIT. Every business has liability insurance in case they are sued: that says nothing at all about the satefy of their products. 3) The number of automotive engineers, manufactuerers, and mechanics out there who warn people to stay away from Alsoil are legion. 4) There are many web sites on the 'net that explain exactly why Amsoil products should be avoided. 5) The only people who recomend Amsoil are its sellers.
Reply to
Desertphile

Scientology recommends auditing to get rid of one's Body Thetans. It is asinine to take the word of the people selling something, and ignore the huge weight of criticism by mechanics, engineers, chemists, and manufacturers.

Reply to
Desertphile

Apparently, you are either unwilling or incapable of answering my question.

If it's because you're unwilling, you must be hiding something.

If it's because you're incapable, why should anyone give your spiel any attention at all?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

| > Please click on the link and read the comment at the AMSOIL corporate | > web site. | | Apparently, you are either unwilling or incapable of answering my | question. | | If it's because you're unwilling, you must be hiding something. | | If it's because you're incapable, why should anyone give your spiel any | attention at all?

Please look a couple of posts up!

Reply to
Steve

Of course that claim is not true. If someone uses Amsoil brand motor oil in their engine and at some point suffers a failed ignition module or rear axle bearing, the mere use of Amsoil can not be cause for voiding the warranty on the above mentioned failed parts. But on the other hand, if someone uses an Amsoil motor oil product that does not carry the original manufacturers approvals for motor oil in [their] engine and they encounter an oil related failure in that engine, there is more than sufficient cause for the manufacturer to deny a warranty claim.

Same goes for the Amsoil 'one size fits all' transmission fluid.

As long as the oil has the proper approvals for the above service classifications. One would think that if Amsoil -actually- carried approvals for these service specifications, they would be mentioned and listed in the Amsoil product data sheets, same as many other brands of oil do.

As stated above, Amsoil may not necessarily be cause to deny a -vehicle- warranty, but it can and will be grounds to deny warranty on a part that suffers an oil related failure of a component to which the Amsoil was installed.

Totally irrelevant.

Whose standards are those? Certainly not the majority of vehicle manufacturers.

And whiter whites and brighter colors...

Should anything less be expected from confidence men?

So do I.

"Void vehicle warranties," clever wording.

Where clever words might actually fool a few.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

There is nothing there that answers my question

Just curious, do you represent GM in an official capacity?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Not to mention that it in of itself is more expensive than gasoline.

Reply to
Gordie