performance upgrades for 88-94 TBI chevy truck....?

What are my options on performance upgrades with the TBI setup?
I have a '94 Siverado 4X4..... do they make aftermarket headers for these? And if I install a cam or maybe even a set of decent heads, will the TBI
system deal with these mods ok? What about the computer?
Anyone have any history with modifications to this setup?
Thanks
~John King Winchester, Va.

Lots of experience with modding this engine/EFI combo. First step is headers; there are a TON of them on the market, so pick a pair of full-length (NOT shorties) headers and get a decent high-flow cat and muffler combo. ECM (computer) will not have a problem with this at all. You'll find an extra 20HP here.
Next step up would be a set of cast iron Vortec Heads ($259 each brand spankin' new) and a GMPP TBI intake manifold (another $250) to fit the new heads and TBI unit. That combo will net you 20-40HP, and might require a PROM reflash for the newer heads.
A cam would be great at the same time you did the heads, and will also require a PROM reflash.
Doc

Good deal DOC, thanks..... I've been checking out some headers online but have only run across "shorties". Any idea where to look for a set of "Full lengths"? And do they make a dual conversion kit? I heard that Flowmaster made one for the CK series pick-up but haven't seen them yet.......
I'm also considering maybe just buying a stock 5.7 crate motor and adding about a 480 lift cam (maybe not quite that big)
~John

these?

Flowtech Afterburners... they're under $200 for non ceramic coated headers, an additional $100 for the Y pipe. you can get them from Jegs, summit, JC whitney.

not one that's legal for on road use as the TBI motors all had a single cat
I heard that Flowmaster

a true dual or a split after-cat system? if you're just looking for a split system, everyone and their brother makes one.
HTH, Bret

a true dual or a split after-cat system? ====================================True dual.......not cat-back.

but
"Full
I have done a lot of research on the TBI COMPUTER match, I have put in a Comp Cam made for TBI , shorty headers, years ago a HyperChip, free flow exhaust. I am very happy with these mods, there have been no problems at all. I am going to the Edelbrock Aluminum heads and intake next. The rings never seated in, so a good reason to put in the new parts. I am hoping with all these mods to increase the HP from stock by about 60 to 70 HP. The tranny has a shift kit and the rear end now has a new posi.
I still have not got a yes or no from the group, on whether I will have to do a chip change again. I will keep you posted, on that subject. I am hoping that these are not to drastic of mods for the computer to keep up with. If I need more fuel, may work on the stock TBI system.
If any one has done these mods and have had to change the chip please let me know.Also do a search on this site on "TBI-computer" and you will find about 30 posting on your questions.
Thanks

A throttle body spacer will greatly im prove fuel atomization. You will get more brake hp and your fuel efficiency will increase at the same time, which is a big bonus.