Personal opinions wanted.

I'm looking into buying an '89 K1500, BUT it has the 4.3L V6. I love this engine in my S10 blazer, but does it hold up well with the full-sized trucks? I never tow anything nor do I ever go over 75 mph. Rants, raves,
and/or rambling is welcomed.
Thanks, John

the 4.3 just doesn't have enough oomph for a full size to do anything useful.
-Bret

this
raves,
I'll second that notion.
Doc

Just as long as you drive only in Kansas..
The 4.3L is barely enuf for the S-10 but do like the mileage on trips and it will run up past the end of the speedo guage on the flats
Yea, but look at it this way, It's goning to need replacing soon. KenG
Bret Chase wrote:

I agree and disagree. I have a 92 with the 4.3 and I pull a 2700 lb boat and a car trailer all the time. But mine also has the standard. But mine gets all the maintenance it wants. But I am also upgrading the motor to a sb400 so I guess my argument is a mute point.

this
raves,
Ok, thanks for the input. That's what I was thinking but I just needed to hear it. I'll wait for a 350.

full-sized