Personal opinions wanted.

I'm looking into buying an '89 K1500, BUT it has the 4.3L V6. I love this engine in my S10 blazer, but does it hold up well with the full-sized trucks? I never tow anything nor do I ever go over 75 mph. Rants, raves, and/or rambling is welcomed.

Thanks, John

Reply to
John Manner

the 4.3 just doesn't have enough oomph for a full size to do anything useful.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

I'll second that notion.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Just as long as you drive only in Kansas..

The 4.3L is barely enuf for the S-10 but do like the mileage on trips and it will run up past the end of the speedo guage on the flats

Reply to
ken

Reply to
KenG

Reply to
sidewinder

Ok, thanks for the input. That's what I was thinking but I just needed to hear it. I'll wait for a 350.

Reply to
John Manner