Picked up My new Sierra today

My new Sierra arrived today at 10:30 I arrived at the dealer at 10:50. 13 miles on the clock. Took it to get Tubular Steps installed. 1:00PM found me on the 40 mile trip home. At exactly 57 miles on the clock my
DIC chimed and I saw a "Service Brake Booster" warning. OMG, I didn't even get it home. Since I was driving right in front af a different GMC dealer, I decided to whip in to see if they could provide any assistance. They took my baby in immediately. 30 minutes later they tell me that some motor needs to be replaced as a precaution, told me brakes work OK, but I might not have ANTI-LOCK. They will order the part and expect it to be 10 to 14 days to get here. In the meantime the truck is safe to drive. ARRRRRGGGGG. Must be some kind of record. 57 miles. Didn't even make it home.
When I took delivery of my 92 Silverado, I made it to the end of the parking lot where I tried to make a right turn. No Turn Signals, returned to garage, replaced flasher.....10 years later no other problems. Hang in there.

You'd think that $35,000, give or take a rebate or two, would at least get you up to 100 miles before your first break down. Nonetheless, I'm still envious.
My new Sierra arrived today at 10:30 I arrived at the dealer at 10:50. 13 miles on the clock. Took it to get Tubular Steps installed. 1:00PM found me on the 40 mile trip home. At exactly 57 miles on the clock my DIC chimed and I saw a "Service Brake Booster" warning. OMG, I didn't even get it home. Since I was driving right in front af a different GMC dealer, I decided to whip in to see if they could provide any assistance. They took my baby in immediately. 30 minutes later they tell me that some motor needs to be replaced as a precaution, told me brakes work OK, but I might not have ANTI-LOCK. They will order the part and expect it to be 10 to 14 days to get here. In the meantime the truck is safe to drive. ARRRRRGGGGG. Must be some kind of record. 57 miles. Didn't even make it home.
well, at least it wasn't something that took it away from you the 1st day... i'm sure that you'll enjoy driving it for a lot of years and that this was just a little stumble that they seem to be dealing with quickly..

I absolutely agree. They jumped on it like a "duck on a june bug". One side note is that the dealer that did this was not the dealer I bought the truck from. One awkward moment was when I was waiting in the waiting room and the salesman I talked to last saturday walked through and recognized me. "I.. um.. well.. um, I uh... bought one some.. uh.. where else... uhhhh..."
KenG
mac davis wrote:

now that is a classic "I bought this car elsewhere" stutter!
good luck with your new truck.
=G

now that's a classic "I bought this vehicle elsewhere" stutter!
good luck with the new truck.
=G