Picking new tires.....

Hi All, Just thought I'd ask for yall's input on helping my pick some new tires for a '96 K1500.

I'm looking at: Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo BFGoodrich T/A KO's Goodyear Wrangler AT/S

I'm looking at 265's right now, but am thinking of putting on 285's but don't know if I should. I know thay will fit but I don't know if I want the extra wear and tare..

The Brigestone and the BFG's are about the same place on my list. I know everyone here really likes the BFG's but am just wanting to check out my options. Keep in mind my truck is mostly driven on paved roads but I want an All-Terrain tire thats pretty aggressive as I do off road, but I don't want a noisey (mud tire) at highway speed.

If i'm going to spend this much money I want to make sure I'm getting a tire thats gonna give me a good 50K+ miles.

Thanks yall! (yes, I'm texan:)

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

I haven't seen the Michelin's but I really like the tread pattern on the Bridegestones.. seems alot nicer than even the BFG's.. and on

thay have a

50k mile warranty i think?

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

I have the Michelin LTX also. Great road tire, very good in the wet, nice ride. My opinion is that they are not too good in snow. I had Dunlop Radial Rovers that beat the LTX's hands down in the snow, but these have a hard ride.

Rule of thumb, lots of siping=good wet handling. Large tread=good mud/snow.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

go for the REVO's. I have them in 265's and want to go to the 285's when I have to get more. You will love them

Reply to
Another Plane of Existence

I have the Goodyear AT/S's on my work truck. They ride very hard on pavement and I doubt they would last 50K miles. Consumer Reports ranked them last in their catagory when they tested tires for SUV's. They liked a Dayton Timberline A/T best.

Spudston

Reply to
Spudston

I have the Goodyear AT/S's on my work truck. They ride very hard on pavement and I doubt they would last 50K miles. Consumer Reports ranked them last in their catagory when they tested tires for SUV's. They liked a Dayton Timberline A/T best.

Spudston

Reply to
Spudston

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the Maxxis (sp) AT tire.. local tire shop wants to sell me some.. about $140 per sire mounted and balanced.

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

Reply to