Pickup Truck Bed Covers: Tradeoffs? Favorites?

I'm about to replace my 'burb with a pickup truck (6.5' bed).

Seems to me like some sort of bed cover is a no-brainer - if only for the extra MPG.

But what kind?

- Soft?

- Plastic panels

- Rollup?

- Powered?

- Manual?

Anticipated use is mainly for trips to the beach to go windsurfing. i.e. The bed only gets opened closed a few times per week, and security is not a big deal.

Low use and lack of security concerns notwithstanding, I'm tempted to go with a high-end rollup - if only for peace of mind when a couple of feet of snow falls overnite.

Does anybody have a make/model that's served them well?

Am I making a mistake with the roll-up?

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

iraceanova